English Hymn# 255
1. O Lord, breathe Thy Spirit on me, Teach me how to breathe Thee in; Help me pour into Thy bosom All my life of self and sin.
(chorus) I am breathing out my sorrow, Breathing out my sin; I am breathing, breathing, breathing, All Thy fulness in.
2. I am breathing out my own life, That I may be filled with Thine; Letting go my strength and weakness, Breathing in Thy life divine.
3. Breathing out my sinful nature, Thou hast borne it all for me; Breathing in Thy cleansing fulness, Finding all my life in Thee.
4. I am breathing out my sorrow, On Thy kind and gentle breast; Breathing in Thy joy and comfort, Breathing in Thy peace and rest.
5. I am breathing out my sickness, Thou hast borne its burden too; I am breathing in Thy healing, Ever promised, ever new.
6. I am breathing out my longings In Thy listening, loving ear; I am breathing in Thy answers, Stilling every doubt and fear.
7. I am breathing every moment, Drawing all my life from Thee; Breath by breath I live upon Thee, Lord, Thy Spirit breathe in me.